Still not sure? Here are even more exciting reasons to learn German!
Mondly’s daily German lessons cover new sentences and words with their respective pronunciations by native speakers. At the end of each lesson, you can review everything you’ve learned. Another amazing feature is that you can set daily reminders at a time convenient for you. Mondly’s fun and smart German lessons will improve your vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation like no other language learning method ever.
Mondly works with professional native speakers to record crystal clear audios so you can learn from the best and perfect your pronunciation skills fast. Moreover, Mondly’s conversation exercises will also allow you to simulate a real conversation with a native speaker by recording your own answers. This new learning experience is guaranteed to get you from zero to conversational fast.
Every learner’s favorite Mondly feature is being able to practice speaking with our voice-enabled conversational chatbot. Get ready to experience real-life interactions from the comfort of your home. Make a reservation, order food in a restaurant, buy a plane ticket, or check into a hotel – all without fear of embarrassment.
Are you ready to review what you’ve learned? Go through all the Daily Lessons in a week to unlock the Weekly Quiz and get access to the Monthly Challenge by completing all the Weekly Quizzes in a month. Hard-working learners always get rewarded! By practicing every day and making sure you’re constantly recapping new German words and phrases, you’re setting yourself up for success!
All these quizzes and challenges are prepared to uplevel your German language.
2. Practice speaking the German language with a voice-enabled conversational chatbot that replies with a human voice. Interact with the chatbot as if it were human and get instant feedback on your pronunciation. Like talking to an old friend, speaking German has never been easier!
3. Dive into the German language with more than 300 fun-sized lessons spread across 50 real-world topics. You can take it slow with basic lessons on animals, colors and numbers or explore practical topics related to various activities from travel and shopping to sports and education.
5. Test your knowledge with Weekly Quizzes and Monthly Challenges. Evaluation is the best way to motivate yourself to learn even more. Make the most of Mondly’s periodic quizzes to put your skills to the test and get fluent fast.
● Nouns usually combine with the activity to which they relate in order to create a new word. For example, a vacuum cleaner is called a “der Staubsauger” and it’s made out of the verb “saugen” meaning “to suck” and the noun “Staub” meaning “dust”.
● While in most languages, only proper nouns such as personal names, country and city names are capitalized, in German, all nouns are capitalized.
● German is often referred to as the language of the ‘Dichter und Denker,’ or the language of ‘writers and thinkers’ thanks to the works of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Immanuel Kant, Karl Marx, and Friedrich Nietzsche.
● German is notorious for having very long words such as “indfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz” meaning “law for the delegation of monitoring beef labeling”. But the longest word in the world is not German. Find out what that word is here.
Our language experts have identified and selected the most common real-life situations you can find yourself in. As a result, the app breaks the learning process down into short lessons and organizes them into extremely relevant themes. Pick your topic of interest and learn words and phrases related to that topic until you master it. Introducing yourself, getting around the city, buying a ticket, renting a hotel room or shopping - it’s all covered in detail so you can learn the essentials of the German language in an easy and fun way. Before you know it you will be able to have a real conversation in German.
Wouldn’t it be fantastic to be able to have a real conversation from the comfort of your own home? That’s exactly why we’ve built a virtual conversational partner, a computer program so advanced that you can have an intelligent conversation with. Jump right in and the app asks you questions, understands what you are saying and responds like a native speaker would. Afraid of getting a word wrong? Don’t worry about it. Every time you get something wrong or have difficulties with your pronunciation the app offers you instant feedback. With each conversation, you’ll come one step closer to fluency while building your confidence to speak German in real life.
Imagine having a German teacher in your pocket ready to jump in and help you every step of the way during your language journey. This is essential when you want to improve and master pronunciations. That’s why Mondly has developed state-of-the-art Speech Recognition software that checks your German pronunciation in real time and suggests improvements on the spot. Fast feedback is key to the accelerated learning of any language and that’s exactly what we are aiming for.
With Mondly you will learn the correct German pronunciations by listening to phrases spoken by native speakers. We have worked with professional German speakers all over the world to bring you a high-class audio experience that we believe is essential to learning German fast. This way, the next time you’ll have a conversation with a German speaker, get ready to receive compliments for your great accent and flawless pronunciation.
1 000 000+ + Ratings
Mondly was named "Editors' Choice" in Google Play and "Best New App" by Apple.
Related PagesLearn German OnlineGerman wordsGerman phrases and expressionsHow to speak GermanGerman grammar
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join over 1 million people enjoying our occasional language tips, special offers and more.
The email address is not valid