Here are the best reasons to learn English:
● It is the official language of a total of 94 countries – 67 independent and 27 autonomous.
● It is the second most popular language learned after the mother tongue. Over 1 billion people worldwide can speak English.
● Since it is the most spoken language globally, it will open doors to many international companies. English is considered the global language of the business world.
● English-medium instruction (EMI) has become a widely adopted approach, especially in higher education institutions. By learning English, you’ll be able to study in international schools and increase your employability and prestige.
● Learning English will give you access to a wealth of information that may not be available in your native language. You will be able to make the most of the English language content on the internet and read your favorite English language classics in the original.
● Beyond all these, knowing English will also allow you to communicate and make friends everywhere you go.
● English-medium instruction (EMI) has become a widely adopted approach, especially in higher education institutions. By learning English, you can study in international schools and increase your prestige.
● Since the original language of many resources in English, you can go deeper in your research. You can also read the original English-language classics in your own language, translated or untranslated into your mother language.
● Beyond all these, you can easily communicate with anyone since you know the most spoken language other than your mother tongue, such as English.
If these reasons motivated you to take action, you can start learning English right now. Let's find out how to learn English online!
If you are wondering what is the best way to learn English free of charge, you are in the right place.
Meet Mondly, your new language learning app and the best study buddy for the future. Mondly helps millions of people learn not only English but also Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, Arabic, and more. Not many human teachers can teach English the same way Mondly does. By using top-class gamification, the app makes learning English extremely fun and addictive. Get ready to practice your language skills in realistic situations and learn naturally. Let's see how to learn English using Mondly!
Learning the English language is not about how many words you know. It’s about knowing the right words. With Mondly, you’ll focus on high-frequency, high-value words and build your English language vocabulary smarter, not harder. Arrange letters into words, words into sentences, and discover how easy it is to speak English from day 1.
The best way to learn a new language is by listening and learning from the best. With Mondly, you can listen to real-life dialogues between native speakers and follow their lead. With the help of dynamic conversations, feedback on pronunciation, and intelligent suggestions, Mondly mimics the experience of immersion learning and helps you learn English naturally. In addition, the app can also reduce foreign language anxiety and help you refine your speaking skills without fear of embarrassment.
Practice every day! Thanks to the Daily Lessons, it is really easy to keep a daily routine. Reading, writing, speaking, and listening – use Mondly to improve each of these basic language skills a little every day, and you’ll see the results in no time. After you’re done practicing, make sure to do or redo all the lessons and review the word lists to always keep them fresh.
There is no better way to learn English than by immersing yourself in the language. Watch English videos, listen to podcasts while commuting, read the news, translate anything you hear, read a book or watch a movie. Or, better yet, experience the most advanced way to practice languages from the comfort of your couch through Mondly VR. The VR app uniquely complements Mondly’s mobile language learning app, enabling you to refine your speaking skills in a fully immersive language journey.
If you want to enjoy while improving your pronunciation in English, we prepared more than 70 tongue twisters for you to challenge yourself!
● The oldest letter in English is ‘I’.
● Shakespeare added exactly 1700 words to the English language.
● No ‘B’ letters are ever used up to the word billion, and the first number using the letter ‘A’ is 1000.
● A new English word is born every 98 minutes. ‘Whatevs’, ‘chillax’, ‘cringe’, ‘b-day’ are only a few of the newest words in English. The word ‘selfie’, for example, has become used in all countries.
● The number of English-speaking people in China is higher than in the United States. Additionally, there are more English-speaking people in Nigeria than in England.
● The shortest sentence in English is ‘Go!’ and the longest word is ‘pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis’, which is a disease that occurs in the lungs as a result of inhaling silica dust.
● The English word with the most common pronunciation mistakes is ‘pronunciation’.
Build practical language skills for real life with short lessons focusing on the most common real-life situations. Our courses cover the most frequent everyday scenarios like greetings, shopping, ordering food at a restaurant, or making reservations. Just choose your favorite topic and start to learn English! You’ll soon master all the English words, sentences, phrases, and idioms related to your selected topic.
Experience real interactions with an intelligent voice chatbot that simulates real conversations with native speakers. Jump right in and practice your conversation skills by talking the same way you would with a real person. Afraid of getting a word wrong? Don’t worry about it. Every time you have difficulties with your pronunciation, the app offers instant feedback on your pronunciation. Not many human teachers would be this thorough, but our chatbot is ready to repeat as often as needed.
Imagine having an English teacher in your pocket ready to jump in and help you every step of the way during your language journey. This is essential when you want to improve and master pronunciations. That’s why Mondly has developed state-of-the-art Speech Recognition software that checks your English pronunciation in real time and suggests improvements on the spot. Fast feedback is key to the accelerated learning of any language and that’s exactly what we are aiming for.
With Mondly you will learn the correct English pronunciations by listening to phrases spoken by native speakers. We have worked with professional English speakers all over the world to bring you a high-class audio experience that we believe is essential to learn English fast. This way, the next time you’ll have a conversation with an English speaker, get ready to receive compliments for your great accent and flawless pronunciation.
1 000 000+ + Ratings
Mondly was named "Editors' Choice" in Google Play and "Best New App" by Apple.
Related PagesLearn English OnlineEnglish wordsEnglish phrases and expressionsHow to speak EnglishEnglish grammarEnglish lessons
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join over 1 million people enjoying our occasional language tips, special offers and more.
The email address is not valid