So, are you ready to learn how to speak Italian? Great! Then let’s find out how to learn Italian online.
Every language uses a more or less similar alphabet to your own. For example, the Italian language uses a variant of the Latin alphabet consisting of 21 letters (that’s five letters less than English!). For this reason, if you want to learn Italian, it’s best to get started with the alphabet and its pronunciation. Get familiar with the letters, find out if there are any special rules you need to follow and you’re ready to go!
The next logical step is to build up your vocabulary. Trying to memorize basic words and phrases from textbooks is quite tiring – easy to see why most people quit before they become fluent! That’s why Mondly takes a different approach. Rather than poring over vocabulary lists, the app teaches you new words through picture games and quizzes, making the learning experience interactive and super fun.
Now it’s time to structure the information by bringing grammar into the mix. Although learners don’t usually enjoy learning grammar, it’s important to understand the basics so you can properly get your message through. The good news is that with Mondly, you’ll learn using the inductive method: learn by doing, context and example, and extrapolate to rules. It’s so easy you’ll actually enjoy learning grammar!
If you want real support in learning Italian, use an online language learning app as your pocket-held language tutor. Learning languages used to be a drudgery until a few years ago. Now it’s gotten easier than you could ever imagine! Vocabulary builders, conversation practice, quizzes and more are all one tap away. Just download Mondly and discover how the power of technology can make all the difference in learning Italian.
Use an online language learning app
● Italian was standardized in the early 14th century by the Tuscan writer Dante Alighieri. He is known as the “Father of the Italian language.”
● Italian is the official language of classical music. When the Renaissance period began, Italy began to dominate the European art music scene, and the terms became ingrained. “Presto”, “lento”, “adagio” and “forte” are only a few of the words that became international standards for musicians worldwide, regardless of their mother language.
● The term ‘America’ is derived from the name of 15th-century Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci. He was the first European to recognize that Brazil was part of a continent new to Europeans, which he called the “New World”.
● Italian became an official language in 1861. When the Italian states were united in 1861, it was decided to make the Tuscan dialect the country’s official language.
● Italian is probably one of the closest languages to Latin. Being the official language of the Roman Empire and the common ancestor of the Romance languages, Latin is considered very similar to Italian in terms of vocabulary and pronunciation.
Our language experts have identified and selected the most common real-life situations you can find yourself in. As a result, the app breaks down the learning process into short lessons organized into highly relevant themes. Pick your topic of interest and learn words and phrases to master it fully. Introducing yourself, getting around the city, buying a ticket, renting a hotel room or shopping – it’s all covered in detail so you can learn the Italian language essentials in an easy and fun way. Before you know it, you will be able to have a real conversation in Italian.
Wouldn’t it be fantastic to have real conversations in Italian from the comfort of your own home? That’s precisely why we’ve built this virtual conversational partner – a computer program so advanced that talking to it feels like a real conversation with a friend. Jump right in, and the app asks you questions, understands what you are saying, and responds as a fluent speaker would. Afraid of getting a word wrong? Don’t worry about it. Every time you get something wrong or have difficulties with pronunciation, the app offers instant feedback. With each conversation, you’ll come one step closer to fluency while building your confidence to speak Italian in real life.
Imagine having a Italian teacher in your pocket, ready to jump in and help you every step of the way during your language learning journey. Instant feedback is essential when you want to improve and master pronunciations. This is why Mondly has developed a state-of-the-art speech recognition software that checks your Italian pronunciation in real time and suggests improvements on the spot. Learning Italian has never been easier!
With Mondly, you will learn the correct Italian pronunciations by listening to phrases spoken by fluent speakers. We have worked with professional Italian speakers to bring you a high-class audio experience that we believe is essential if you want to learn Italian fast. Learn Italian with Mondly, and the next time you have a conversation with a Italian speaker, get ready to receive compliments for your great accent and flawless pronunciation.
1 000 000+ + Ratings
Mondly was named "Editors' Choice" in Google Play and "Best New App" by Apple.
Related PagesLearn Italian OnlineItalian wordsItalian phrases and expressionsHow to speak ItalianItalian grammar
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join over 110 million people enjoying our occasional language tips, special offers and more.
The email address is not valid