Do you want to learn Korean? Let’s start with the basics. Monday is 월요일.
Think of it this way: if flirting is an art, then you are the artist, and the best pick up lines in English (and beyond) are your works of art (we’re exaggerating a bit for the sake of emphasis, but bear with us). Would you like your Tinder match – or worse: your crush – to think that the art you create is cheap? Of course not. That’s why it’s crucial to choose your pick up lines carefully and not overdo it. Remember: the best pick up lines are not cringe or dirty but classy, smooth, funny, and charming. That’s the kind of English pick up lines that actually work in real life.
Lucky for you, our list includes the best pick up lines in English guaranteed to make a good first impression. Your only job will be to put them in the right context and act them well: in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way. The purpose is to make the other person blush, smile, even laugh or go *heart eyes emoji*. Not cringe and roll their eyes in annoyance.
Merriam-Webster defines a “pick up line” as “a prepared remark used by a person to start a conversation with a stranger they are interested in having a romantic relationship with”. In other words, a pick up line is an icebreaker or a conversation opener. So, let’s see what are some funny pick up lines in English that can get the conversation going. Let’s go!
Funny Pick Up Lines in English
- Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears.
- Are you a 45-degree angle? Because you’re acute-y.
- If you were a verb tense, you’d be plus-que-parfait.
- If I were a cat, I’d spend all nine of my lives with you.
- Are you a tower? Because Eiffel for you.
- You had me at your impeccable spelling and correct usage of grammar.
- I don’t know what Quidditch position you play, but you sure look like a Keeper.
- Is this the Hogwarts Express? Because it feels like you and I are headed somewhere magical.
- Do you like Star Wars? Because Yoda one for me!
- Do you have a sunburn, or are you always this hot?
If you smiled reading at least one of these funny pick up lines in English, great! This means they represent you. If not, let move on to the next round.
Cheesy Pick Up Lines in English
- Is your name Google? Because you’re everything I’ve been searching for.
- Even if there wasn’t any gravity on earth, I’d still fall for you.
- Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.
- If you were a vegetable, you’d be a ‘cute-cumber’.
- Are you an electrician? Because you’re definitely lighting up my day!
- No wonder the sky is gray. All the color is in your eyes.
- You look so familiar… Didn’t we take a class together? I could’ve sworn we had chemistry.
- Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?
- Do you have a map? I keep getting lost in your eyes.
- Is your name Wi-fi? Because I’m feeling a connection.
Is humor your strong point? Then these cheesy pick up lines in English are exactly what you’re looking for to open a flirty conversation. Remember: if you embrace how corny these pick up lines are, your confidence and sense of humor will win you that date in no time!
Smooth English Pick Up Lines
- If I was an octopus, all my 3 hearts would beat for you.
- Forget hydrogen! You’re my number one element.
- You’re like a dictionary – you add meaning to my life.
- I’m not a photographer, but I can picture us together.
- You make my dopamine levels go all silly!
- I want our love to be like pi – irrational and never-ending.
- Falling in love with you takes less time than my DNA takes to replicate.
- There’s something wrong with my phone. It doesn’t have your number in it.
- What’s your favorite drink? I’m asking so I know what to buy you on our first date.
- I’m going to have to ask you to leave, you’re making everyone else in here look bad
Smooth English pick up lines are clever phrases, often with a touch of humor or wit, that will give you the opportunity to show off what a playful personality you have. And who doesn’t want that? Just find the perfect context and use them wisely!
Pick Up Lines to Use on Guys in English-Speaking Countries
- Are you a superhero? Because you’ve just saved my day.
- Are you a banker? Because you’ve got my interest!
- Are you a time traveler? Because I can see you in my future.
- Excuse me, but I think you owe me a drink. When I looked at you, I dropped mine.
- Guess what my dress is made of. Girlfriend material.
- Did your license get suspended for driving all these girls crazy?
- Do you play soccer? Because you’re a keeper!
- Do you fish? Because you have me hooked.
- If I’m vinegar, then you must be baking soda. Because you make me feel all bubbly inside!
- Can we take a picture together? I want to show my mom what my next boyfriend looks like.
Do you speak English as a second language? No problem. Language is never a barrier to love. Besides, this entire list of best pick up lines in English was made entirely for you! So, don’t forget to comment here whenever one of them works. 😃
Best Pick Up Lines to Use on Girls in English-Speaking Countries
- You must be related to Nikola Tesla because you’re electrifying.
- Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only 10 I see.
- Are you a time traveler? Because I see you in my future.
- How can I plan our wedding if I don’t have your number?
- Are your parents bakers? Because you’re a cutie pie.
- If you and I were socks, we’d make a great pair.
- Anyone who says Disneyland is the happiest place on earth has clearly never stood next to you.
- I can see that you’re gorgeous, but what else should I know about you?
- I’d never play hide and seek with you, because someone like you is impossible to find.
- The sparkle in your eye is so bright, the sun and stars must be jealous.
Most girls like a good sense of humor, so be sure to add that to the mix. Also, if possible, go for something personal. Did you find anything in this list that could tie to something she likes or something she did? Great. Fingers crossed!
Improve your English for your crush
Did you use one of these pick up lines in English and successfully broke the ice? Nice job. Or maybe you just want to learn more? Get Mondly now and enrich your flirting vocabulary with a dedicated category on “Romance”.
After finishing this category, you’ll be able to talk about relationships, invite somebody out and ask questions about other people’s hobbies.
If things get serious, you can further use Mondly to break the communication barrier and improve your English for the one you love. It’s super fun, easy and effective. You’ll be fluent in no time.
Start using Mondly for free on your computer or download the app and learn English anytime, anywhere.