Hello, it’s me – the incredibly quick lesson on how to say hello in Indonesian.
First off, congratulations on building up the courage to confess your love. If you’re head over heels for a Hungarian native speaker, learning how to say I love you in Hungarian is a good strategy to win their heart for good. After all, nothing says I love you like learning their language.
Until then, enjoy the language barrier to the fullest. While it can be challenging, it will also lead to some hilarious misunderstandings more often than not. And what spices up the romance if not humor?
How to say ‘I love you’ in Hungarian
The word you are looking for if you want to say I love you in Hungarian is Szeretlek.
While English uses three different words – I love you –, Hungarian makes use of suffixes and gets it done in one word. Thus, the -lek at the end accounts for “you.”
Besides, unlike other languages, Hungarian is a non-gendered language. This means you can say Szeretlek to someone of either sex.
Supposing you want to find out if your feelings are reciprocated, you can ask Te szeretsz engem? which means “Do you love me?”.
Last but not least, the word for “love” in Hungarian is szeretet.
Useful Hungarian words and phrases for lovebirds
While we’re at it, let’s also explore some useful Hungarian words and phrases related to romance and dating in general. You never know when they’ll come in handy.
- Belédszerettem. – I’m falling in love with you.
- Hiszel a szerelemben első látásra? – Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Kedvellek. – I like you.
- Nagyon kedvellek. – I like you a lot.
- Szeretnél eljönni velem ma este? – Would you like to go out with me tonight?
- Mit szólnál egy vacsorához és egy filmhez? – How about dinner and a movie?
- Megfoghatom a kezed? – May I hold your hand?
- Szeretnélek újra látni. – I’d like to see you again.
- Nagyon szép vagy. – You are very beautiful.
- Nagyon jóképű vagy. – You are very handsome.
- Megcsókolhatlak? – May I kiss you?
Easy as that! Now you do it and let us know how it went. You know what they say: love always finds a way.
Nothing says ‘I love you’ like learning Hungarian
Do you want to go the extra mile and really learn to speak Hungarian? Try Mondly, the award-winning language app that is serious about making learning Hungarian fun.
Instead of tiring yourself for hours with inch-thick textbooks, slip a 10-minute Mondly lesson into your routine and make learning a breeze. You will learn Hungarian naturally with:
- practical topics;
- hands-on, interactive language lessons;
- intelligent suggestions and instant feedback on pronunciation;
- crystal-clear audios of native speakers;
- real-life conversations and so much more.
Start using Mondly for free on your computer or download the app and learn Hungarian anytime, anywhere.