October 25, 2017 – ATi Studios, Brasov Romania
ATi Studios, creators of Mondly, the language app recently crowned 2017 Facebook “App of the Year” in EMEA, becomes an Editors’ Choice app in the Google Play Store. Google offers this distinction to the best Android apps on the market such as Instagram, Netflix or Youtube. The Editors’ Choice category is described as “the best of Google Play. A rotating selection of delightful apps and exciting games, handpicked by the Play Store editors”.
Alex Iliescu, CEO of Mondly, spoke about this accolade:
“Being selected as an Editors’ Choice app by Google is an acknowledgement of the quality language experience we are offering learners worldwide with Mondly. Our long-term commitment is to bring learners one step closer to fluency effortlessly through a mix of innovative technology, breathtaking design and an outstanding learner experience.”
The Mondly iOS and Android apps have been downloaded over 20 million times by people in over 190 countries. The app offers a selection of 33 languages to learn: from English, Spanish and French to Mandarin Chinese, Russian or Arabic. The Mondly app takes learners on a gamified language journey designed around real-life situations like ordering food in a restaurant, dealing with emergencies or going on a holiday. The app also includes the first voice Chatbot designed to involve learners in conversation in a foreign language from day one.
Things to know about Mondly:
- 25+ million downloads to date, in over 190 countries
- Facebook Start App of 2017 – for Europe, Middle East & Africa
- 4.7 Stars in the App Store and Google Play with more than 500,000 customer ratings
- Launched MondlyVR, the first VR language app with speech recognition in the world available for GearVR, Daydream and Cardboard
- Launched the first voice-enabled Chatbot for language learning
Want to know more?
Check out what these media mentions about Mondly:
- INC.com – “The New Way to Learn Languages”
- VentureBeat – “A lot more fun and easy than just reading flashcards”
- Bloomberg.com – “Five Language Learning Apps Tested & Reviewed”
- Forbes.com – “Mondly VR is leading the charge in the VR space with its foreign-language teaching app”
- Digital Trends – “The Mondly experience leverages the immersive quality of VR”
- TheNextWeb.com – “The Closest Thing to Actual Immersion”
- Huffington Post – “Virtual reality the new and sexier way to learn languages”