Exciting news! Mondly wins the 2017 “Facebook App of The Year” Award for Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
ATi Studios, creators of Mondly, recently crowned 2017 Facebook “App of the Year” in EMEA, is officially rolling out its updated mobile app design – which the company began testing last month. The cleaner, simpler design makes the app even easier to use for the 20 million plus people who downloaded Mondly to date.
The updated app comes with:
- hand-crafted and improved graphics that catch the eye
- a new design of the first-of-its-kind chatbot with speech recognition exclusive to Mondly – more visual use of emojis and more engaging with the chat-like design
- double the number of available lessons from 120 to over 240
- new lessons related to doing business, including going to the airport, ordering food in a restaurant, and learning to deal with emergency situations
- new Monthly Challenge to complement the existing Free Daily Lesson and Weekly Quiz
The new design is now available on all Mondly iOS and Android apps. Alex Iliescu, CEO of Mondly, spoke about this major update:
“The Mondly redesign is a reflection of our long-term commitment to bring learners one step closer to fluency through innovative new technology. We use beautiful graphics, crystal-clear audio recorded with professional native speakers, interactive lessons, and engaging features such as our new Monthly Challenge to help people learn new languages effortlessly.”
This New Design Aligns with Mondly’s Vision for the Future of Education
The fresh look aligns with Mondly’s goal to become the most innovative language learning company in the world. Mondly was the first to release a voice-enabled chatbot in August 2016 followed by the launch of the first Virtual Reality app with speech recognition on Facebook’s Oculus Store in February 2017. Mondly took innovation one step further this month with the launch of the first VR language app on Google Daydream.
Things to know about Mondly:
- 20 million + downloads to date, in over 190 countries
- Facebook Start App of 2017 – for Europe, Middle East & Africa
- 4.7 Stars in the App Store and Google Play with more than 500,000 customer ratings
- Apple Best New App – January 2016
- First voice-enabled chatbot for language learning
- Mondly Kids teaches 30+ languages in a fun kid-friendly app featured on iOS and Android
- In 2016 – Mondly spent time as the most downloaded app in several Arab countries
- Available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Web, GearVR, and now Daydream and Cardboard
- Mondly Press Kit
Want to know more?
Check out what these media mentions about Mondly:
- INC.com – “The New Way to Learn Languages”
- VentureBeat – “A lot more fun and easy than just reading flashcards”
- Bloomberg.com – “Five Language Learning Apps Tested & Reviewed”
- Forbes.com – “Mondly VR is leading the charge in the VR space with its foreign-language teaching app”
- Digital Trends – “The Mondly experience leverages the immersive quality of VR”
- TheNextWeb.com – “The Closest Thing to Actual Immersion”
- Huffington Post – “Virtual reality the new and sexier way to learn languages”