Exciting news: Mondly Kids was selected as one of the Best Apps of 2017 in a children’s category.
September 7, 2017, Brasov Romania – ATi Studios, creators of Mondly, the language app with over 20 million downloads and recently crowned 2017 Facebook “App of the Year” in EMEA, launches Mondly VR, a first-of-its-kind language experience for Google’s Virtual Reality platforms Daydream and Cardboard.
Mondly VR allows people to take part in conversations with virtual characters in 30 different languages by combining voice chatbot, speech recognition, and VR technology. The app offers instant immersion, feedback on pronunciation, suggestions that enrich learners’ vocabulary, and interactive scenarios that make learning languages fun and easy.
Check out this fun, short video:
Alex Iliescu, CEO of Mondly, spoke recently about why Mondly identified VR early-on as the future of language learning: “We realized the best way to teach languages would be to create an immersive experience that replicates real-life scenarios and conversations. VR gives us the best opportunity to do this.”
Alex continues “From our experience, the biggest things that keep people from actually speaking and using new languages are fear and lack of life-like practice. Mondly VR overcomes these barriers and quickly gets learners comfortable and speaking in real-life situations. We’re filling the conversational gap of traditional language education.”
Before Mondly VR, to experience language immersion – it typically required months of preparation, then travel. Today, it requires Mondly VR and a VR headset.
Experts agree that IMMERSION is the best way to learn a new language.
In one study, featured in the New York Times by Michael Ullman, a neuroscientist at Georgetown University Medical Center, language learning subjects were split into two groups. One group studied language in a formal classroom setting, while the other was taught through immersion. After five months, both groups retained the language. However, the group that learned a new language through immersion displayed the full brain patterns of a native speaker.
Reasons to Pay Attention to Mondly VR:
- FIRST & only app to combine VR, Voice Chatbot & Speech Recognition on Google Daydream
- Teaches 30+ languages
- Dramatically shortens time to conversing in a new language from months to minutes
- Recreates real-life situations & actual conversations in VR
- Offers instant feedback on pronunciation
- High-caliber 3D graphics & 5 realistic scenarios including:
- Train – Make a new friend on a train to Berlin
- Restaurant – Order food in a small bistro in Beijing
- Hotel Lobby – Check into a fancy hotel in Paris
- Hotel Room – Converse with a hotel bellboy in Tokyo
- Taxi – Give directions to a taxi driver in Barcelona
Mondly VR is available for $4.99 through the end of September 2017 (regular price starting October 1, 2017 – $7.99).
Check it out for yourself:
- Download Mondly VR for Daydream
- Mondly VR Press Kit
- 20 million + downloads to date, in over 190 countries
- Facebook Start App of 2017 – for Europe, Middle East & Africa
- 4.7 Stars in the App Store and Google Play with more than 500,000 customer ratings.
- Apple Best New App – January 2016
- First voice-enabled chatbot for language learning
- Mondly Kids teaches 30+ languages in a fun, kid-friendly app featured on iOS and Android
- In 2016 – Mondly spent time as the most downloaded app in several Arab countries
- Available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Web, GearVR, and now Daydream and Cardboard
- Visit us at www.mondlylanguages.com
Originally published on PR Newswire on September 7, 2017.